Jump to Section
We are here to unravel the secret powers of two of our favourite four-wheeled wonder wagons.
If you’ve never considered a wagon, you’ll soon discover why they're the all-terrain heroes every parent deserves. Whether it's a stroll in the park or a sandy beach escape, these wagons can tackle it all. So, get ready to laugh, learn, and possibly reconsider your stroller allegiance!
Tale of the Tape
XC 2 SPECS:
- Suitable for children 6+ months
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 200 lbs. (45 lbs. per seat)
- Wagon Dimensions: 37” L x 26.5” W x 57” H
- Folded Dimensions: 25” L x 20” W x 45” H
- Wagon Weight: 46 lbs.
- Suitable for children: Newborn (with an infant car seat) or who can sit unassisted (with sufficient head and neck control) to a maximum height of 44”
- Weight Capacity: 216 lbs. (55 lbs. per seat)
- Seating Area Dimensions: 15.75" H x 8.66" D x 15" W
- Wagon Dimensions: 49.62" D x 28.61" W x 38.58" H
- Wagon Dimensions Folded: 41.73" D x 28.61" W x 18.5" H
Wagon Weight: 42 lbs.
The designs of these wagons are quite different. The XC 2 resembles a crib on wheels (hence the larger dimensions), while the Renegade weighs less and is more of a souped-up wagon.
The Renegade can also be used with compatible infant car seats, making it usable for smaller babies (the XC 2 cannot).
Both models include a snack tray, cup holders, and canopies for sun protection.
These top contenders share some striking similarities that will make your decision even tougher (in a good way, of course!):
- Durability: Both the XC 2 and the Renegade are built with impeccable craftsmanship, using strong and dependable materials. This means you're getting a durable and long-lasting wagon that can withstand all the wear and tear for years to come!
- Tough Tires: No more bumpy rides! Both wagons feature all-terrain tires and suspension systems, ensuring a smooth and comfortable journey on any surface.
- Weather Protection: Equipped with adjustable canopies, you can use these wagons come rain or shine! Featuring UPF protection, you can shield your child from harmful UV rays and even use them as coverage during unexpected rain showers.
Snug & Secure: Both the XC 2 and the Renegade prioritize safety with 5-point harnesses. You can rest easy knowing your precious cargo is securely-strapped in for every ride!
These wagons also offer distinct features, making it easy for every parent to choose the most suitable one for their family:
Seat Space: The Keenz XC 2 has high seating for two passengers, allowing your little ones to take in the sights from an elevated position that’s closer to you. Meanwhile, the BOB Renegade is all about accommodating larger families or playdates, with spacious seating for three, ensuring there's always room for everyone!
Comfort Ride: Comfort should always be a top priority. The XC 2 comes with reclinable and removable seats, providing a customizable and plush experience for your little travellers. On the other hand, the Renegade focuses on cozy seating options but doesn't offer the flexibility of removable seats.
Fantastic Fenders: When it comes to keeping things clean, the Renegade steps up with rear-wheel fenders. These handy additions protect against mud and debris from kicking up and splattering you and your wee ones.
Fun Folding: For families on the go, the Renegade offers quick and convenient one-handed folding for easy storage and transport. The XC 2, on the other hand, has a more intricate collapsing system and stands when folded to optimize storage space.
Helpful Handle: The XC 2 features two handlebars on either side, complete with leather wrapping for a comfortable grip. In contrast, the Renegade boasts a push/pull style handle for a traditional wagon experience.
Caring Canopies: For sunshade and privacy, the XC 2 boasts an overhead canopy system that comes with blackout panels. The Renegade offers two canopies that attach on either side of the wagon, providing flexibility but without the option for a full blackout experience.
Airy Experience: If customized airflow is essential, the XC 2 delivers with mesh sides with optional roll-up blackout panels.
Simple Storage: The Renegade ensures you have ample storage with four storage pockets, making it easy to stow away your family's essentials. In contrast, the XC 2 offers a myriad of pockets, pouches, and a basket for even more storage options.
Car Seat Adapter: BOB goes the extra mile by offering an Infant Car Seat Adapter for the Renegade, accommodating various Britax, Nuna, and Cybex infant car seats. This means you can use your wagon from day one. Unfortunately, the XC 2 cannot be used with a car seat, which means you will have to wait until your child is around 6 + months to start using your wagon.
Stylish Colours: If you love variety, the XC 2 has you covered with various colour options to choose from, including Black, Mocha, and Grey, allowing you to pick the shade that suits your style. In contrast, the Renegade comes in a sleek black colour.
Perfect Price: Where dollars and cents are concerned, the Renegade offers a more budget-friendly option at $849.99, while the XC 2 is priced at $974.99.
Extra Add-Ons: Keenz enhances the XC 2 experience with Mosquito Netting, providing added comfort for your little ones. BOB elevates the value of your Renegade purchase by including dual canopies, giving you extra shade and protection for your adventures.
A Winning Combination
The XC 2, while a higher price, is a larger wagon that can tackle tough terrain, has more storage, and blackout shade privacy. The rugged Renegade costs less, has more seating space, folds easier, but also functions more like a traditional wagon where maneuvering is concerned.