Jump to Section
If you’re thinking of purchasing an UPPAbaby VISTA V2 or CRUZ V2, or Nuna MIXX Next, this question has probably crossed your mind at one point or another. It may even be the topic of dinnertime conversation!
UPPAbaby MESA V2 or Nuna PIPA? The Nuna PIPA attaches to UPPAbaby strollers with the use of adapters, whereas the UPPAbaby MESA V2 clicks right onto your frame without an additional purchase necessary.
So, how do you choose the one that is right for you? That’s where we come in!
KEY CAR SEAT FEATURES
Nuna PIPA – Extra-large dream drape, UPF 50+ canopy
UPPAbaby MESA V2 – 20% larger than the original UPPAbaby MESA. UV-resistant canopy now extends past the handlebar of the car seat and retracts into the seat when not in use.
If any of these terms have your head spinning, make sure you review this car seat terms glossary that we created to help you out with that!
THE PIPA LINE-UP
- Quickly installs with 2 rigid latches
- Huge canopy provides maximum coverage
- Compatible with many different strollers to create a travel system
- One of the lightest infant car seats on the market
- Stunning leatherette detail on the carry handle for comfort and style
- Proper recline level is measured with blue line on car seat being parallel to the ground – this can require use of a towel or pool noodle to adjust to proper angle in your vehicle [no angle adjustment options built into the base]
- No additional anti-rebound system in Canada [there is a load leg on US PIPA car seats only] - please note that all car seats must meet very high anti-rebound rotation standards in Canada with or without additional features
- Base is long which can lead to incompatibility in some vehicles with shorter seats [20% of base allowed to overhang]
- Manual adjustment of shoulder straps as baby grows
MEET THE MESA V2
UPPABABY MESA V2
- Uses a self-retracting latch system to get a tight install against the vehicle seat back
- Red/green indicators in multiple spots on base to confirm proper install and angle
- No re-thread harness is easy to make adjustments on the fly
- A 4-position adjustable foot for levelling the base
- A 4-position handlebar that doubles as an anti-rebound bar
- Added layer of Side Impact Protection surrounds baby’s head
- Base has height adjustments built in to fit on vehicle seats with a seat with a deeper slope & the use of pool noodles or rolled up towels is allowed when need be [*refer to manual for more details]
- The MESA V2 is a few pounds heavier than the PIPA
The Merino wool lining can be quite hot for some infants